Information ZoomInfo Collects
In the last twelve (12) months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, including name, Internet Protocol address, business email address, job title and department, business phone numbers (general, direct, and fax), business related postal address of consumer, and social networking URLs.
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute, including name, business address, business telephone number, education, employment, employment history, and credit or debit card number.
- Commercial Information, including products or services purchased.
- Biometric Information, including voiceprints, which we collect from Chorus customers when we have received such customers’ consent. The collection and use of biometric information is governed by our Biometric Privacy Notice in addition to this Statement.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity, including Internet Protocol address and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation Data, such as information about your physical location collected from geolocation features on your device, including your IP address.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information, including business email, business telephone number, business physical address, current or past job history, and title.
- Inferences, which may be drawn from the information identified above to make predictions about your preferences and interests.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing prior notice.
Categories of Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
ZoomInfo collects personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Publicly available information
- First-hand research
- Submissions from ZoomInfo’s customers or freemium product users
- Third-party data vendors
- Directly and indirectly from activity on ZoomInfo’s website
- Directly and indirectly from our customers or their representatives
- Directly from vendors and other contractual counterparties
- Through communications with prospective customers and other businesses and their representatives
Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
ZoomInfo collects and shares personal information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which the information is provided.
- To provide the consumer with information, products, or services that the consumer requests from ZoomInfo.
- To provide the consumer with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices concerning ZoomInfo products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to the consumer.
- To carry out ZoomInfo’s obligations and enforce ZoomInfo’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between ZoomInfo and a ZoomInfo customer or other contractual counterparty, including for billing and collections.
- To improve ZoomInfo’s website and present its contents to the consumer.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ZoomInfo, our customers, or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to the consumer when collecting such consumer’s personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ZoomInfo’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ZoomInfo is among the assets transferred.
- To modify, enhance, or improve ZoomInfo’s products and services and/or provision such products and services to ZoomInfo customers.
- To include in ZoomInfo’s database of business contacts, which ZoomInfo licenses to its customers for such customers to use for business-to-business sales, marketing, and recruiting.
ZoomInfo may share personal information with the following third-party recipients:
- ZoomInfo affiliates
- Service providers
- ZoomInfo customers
- ZoomInfo partners
Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information and the Right to Opt-Out
This section describes our personal information disclosure and sale practices and explains how a consumer can opt-out of the sale or disclosure of their personal information.
We sell personal information collected for our database to our customers. This database may contain information about consumers’ business personas including name, employer, job title, email address, phone number, office address, social media or professional profile link, and work or educational history. This information is sold to ZoomInfo’s customers for the purpose of business-to-business sales, marketing, and recruiting and is provided subject to license agreements that limit its use to those purposes.
A consumer has the right to opt-out of the sale of that consumer’s personal information by ZoomInfo by visiting our Manage Your ZoomInfo Profile page in our Privacy Center and submitting a request to remove the consumer’s profile or delete the consumer’s data. A consumer may also contact us by calling 833-901-0859 or by sending an email to [email protected]. In order to submit a request, a consumer or an authorized agent will be required to demonstrate that such person has control of an email inbox associated with the profile in question. If such person cannot, then we may be contacted regarding other means of verifying such person’s identity or the authorization of a third party to exercise a consumer’s rights on that consumer’s behalf.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information to ZoomInfo customers, partners, affiliates, or service providers:
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
- Professional or employment-related information
For avoidance of doubt, the personal information disclosed and/or sold by ZoomInfo within the identified categories is limited to business contact information related to a consumer’s profile as an employee of its employer. No sensitive personal information (i.e., Social Security number, passport number, medical or financial information) is collected, shared, disclosed, or sold by ZoomInfo.
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
A Consumer’s Other CCPA Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes a consumer’s CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
A consumer has the right to request that we disclose certain information to that consumer about ZoomInfo’s collection and use of that consumer’s personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm a consumer’s verifiable consumer request, we will disclose:
- The categories of personal information we collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about that consumer (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
A consumer has the right to request that ZoomInfo delete any of his or her personal information that we have collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm a consumer’s verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers and/or customers to delete) that consumer’s personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny a consumer’s deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers or customers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that a consumer requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with that consumer, or otherwise perform our contract with that consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if a consumer previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on a consumer’s relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which a consumer provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 833-901-0859.
- Visiting the Manage Your ZoomInfo Profile page in our Privacy Center
- Contacting us at [email protected]
Only a consumer, or a natural person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that a consumer authorizes to act on a consumer’s behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to a consumer’s personal information. A consumer may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of that consumer’s minor child.
A consumer or the consumer’s authorized agent may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows ZoomInfo to reasonably verify a consumer is the person about whom we collected personal information.
- If an authorized agent is being used, provide sufficient proof that the consumer has provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request on the consumer’s behalf.
- Describe a consumer’s request with sufficient detail that allows ZoomInfo to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to a consumer’s or an authorized agent’s request or provide a consumer or authorized agent with personal information if we cannot verify the consumer’s or authorized agent’s identity and/or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to that consumer. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require a consumer to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided to us in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform the consumer of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will choose a format to provide a consumer’s personal information that is readily useable and should allow a consumer to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a consumer’s verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell the consumer why we made that decision and provide the consumer with a cost estimate before completing that consumer’s request.
Consumers have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by a business for exercising their rights under the CCPA. We will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising any CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at our discretion and at any time. When we make material changes to this privacy statement, we will provide notification by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
During the previous calendar year, ZoomInfo received the following number of requests from residents of California:
|Received||Complied with in |
Whole or in Part
|Denied||Median Number of Days |
|Requests to know||3,375||3,375||0||1 day|
|Requests to delete||4,654||4,654||0||5 days|
|Requests to opt-out||5,458||5,458||0||5 days|
805 Broadway, Suite 900
Vancouver, WA 98660
Email: [email protected]
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 08/22/2021.