Whether you’re in a corporate marketing team or an agency, the first step to improving the quality of reach within your digital campaign is alignment.
Campaigns should have clear answers to hIgh-level questions about goals such as:
- Is the campaign purpose meant to target a certain industry or drive ads to an exact account-based universe?
- Is the campaign purpose to target known individuals inside customer accounts to identify cross and upsell opportunities OR is the campaign purpose acquisition against largely unknown contacts and companies?
- Is success predicated on building brand awareness at your most desired prospect accounts OR generating more engagement for sales development representatives to act on and move active opportunities through the funnel?
Regardless of goals, the first step that is universal to enhancing your B2B targeting strategy should be to do an audit of your database(s) within your sales and marketing technology stack (CRMs, marketing automation tools, sales automation software, etc).
Marketing professionals know this. In fact, according ZoomInfo’s research with DemandGen Report, marketing teams point to the following reasons for investing in better data enrichment practices:
- Better data to expand TAM and identify new prospects (52%)
- Deeper intelligence to help tie intent signals to specific contacts (46%)
ZoomInfo can help ensure the same data points that define both your buyer personas (people) and ideal customer profile (account) are clean and up-to-date, as well as provide comprehensive audience data you can leverage to strategically engage in your next campaign.