General Manager and Vice President Engineerin...
Business Services · California, United States · <25 Employees
View Company Info for Free
Who is Kubernetes
Kubernetes is a popular open source platform for container orchestration - that is, for the management of applications built out of multiple, largely self-contained runtimes called containers. Containers have become increasingly popular since the Docker containerization project launched in 2013, but large, distributed containerized applications can become increasingly difficult to coordinate. By making containerized applications dramatically easier to manage at scale, Kubernetes has become a key part of the container revolution. What is container orchestration? Containers support VM-like separation of concerns but with far less overhead and far greater flexibility. As a result, containers have reshaped the way people think about developing, deploying, and maintaining software. In a containerized architecture, the different services that constitute an application are packaged into separate containers and deployed across a cluster of physical or virtual machines. But this gives rise to the need for container orchestration-a tool that automates the deployment, management, scaling, networking, and availability of container-based applications.Popular SearchesKubernetesKibernetesK8sKubernetes APIKubernetes CommunitySIC Code 73,737NAICS Code 51,518
Kubernetes Org Chart
Similar Companies to Kubernetes
Products Owned by Kubernetes
Kubernetes Tech Stack
Top Companies in United States
Kubernetes News & Media
- In today’s fast-paced landscape of container orchestration, Kubernetes is a powerful tool for managing and scaling applications. However, ensuring the security and compliance of these environments cannot be overlooked. One crucial aspect of building a successful application includes handling Kubernetes… The post How To Monitor Kubernetes Audit Logs appeared first on LogRhythm. The post How To Monitor Kubernetes Audit Logs appeared first on Security Boulevard.
- Intro The Kubernetes documentation describes operators as “software extensions to Kubernetes that use custom resources to manage applications and their components.” These operators automate application resource deployment and management with custom controllers tied to one or more custom resource definitions. Custom controllers create bespoke attack surfaces that attackers can target when they can control custom resource data. […] The post Exploiting Kubernetes through Operator Injection appeared
- Kubernetes adoption continues to grow, enabling organizations to automate the deployment, management, and scaling of containerized applications. As it does, DevOps, platform engineering, and development teams are looking more closely at the reliability, security, and cost efficiency of their workloads. Fairwinds created the Kubernetes benchmark report in 2022 by analyzing more than 100,000 Kubernetes workloads. The goal was to help organizations understand their container configurations, common
- In the rapidly evolving Kubernetes ecosystem, managing costs effectively is as critical as ensuring operational efficiency. To make the most of your shift to cloud native technologies in 2024, you need a roadmap to Kubernetes cost optimization, including how to right-size resources, centralize cost management, align teams, and eliminate wasted cloud spend. For platform engineering and development teams, that means getting a better understanding of cloud costs across multiple clusters and teams.
- Transparency in vulnerability disclosure plays a crucial role in effective risk management, regardless of software development models. The The post 2023 Kubernetes vulnerability roundup appeared first on ARMO. The post 2023 Kubernetes vulnerability roundup appeared first on Security Boulevard.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Kubernetes
Kubernetes is a popular open source platform for container orchestration - that is, for the management of applications built out of multiple, largely self-contained runtimes called containers. Containers have become increasingly popular since the Docker containerization project launched in 2013, but large, distributed containerized applications can...