Tim Spring

Tim Spring

Chief Executive Officer at Private Equity Access

General Information

Experience

Chief Executive Officer On Private-Equity - Proven

Director of Marketing - Songbird Hearing , Inc.

Education

BA - Psychology/Business , SUNY

MBA - Marketing , Pace University

Recent News  

Hempline Inc.: Information About Hemp (Delaware, Ontario, Canada)

"We Save Trees" is the motto emblazoned on a pin attached to the shirt of Marcal Paper Mills' CEO Tim Spring, a leading paper recycler.

Read More
Hempline: Marcal Paper � Taking "Small Steps" in the Green Revolution, With Big Results

ELMWOOD PARK, NJ "We Save Trees" is the motto emblazoned on a pin attached to the shirt of Marcal Paper Mills' CEO Tim Spring.
Spring stands firmly behind the statement. When Spring speaks about his company's mission to save a million trees, the enthusiasm mixed with compassion for the cause is evident by his facial expressions. The company has been ahead of the trend with the green revolution since 1950 by using environmentally-friendly materials and manufacturing techniques. "Small steps can add up quickly and if we get people thinking paper and buying recycled products, it's a big battle to win now in the U.S.," said Spring. As it turns out, only 2 percent of paper products in the United States are produced from recycled paper and the other 98 percent from virgin materials (the European paper industry uses 25 percent recycled material and Canada 40 percent). "Paper products are something every household uses everyday. Where could be a better place to start than from there? Spring asks. Marcal's operation process was spotlighted on an exclusive tour for The Alternative Press of their facility, led by Spring and Senior Vice President/Marketing, MJ Jolda. Step by step, Spring and Jolda described the start to finish manufacturing process, beginning with the raw material. Spring grasped a handful of recycled paper. "The tree killers did the hard work," he said, sifting through the paper. "At the center of any paper is clean white fiber. In their process, they bleached the paper already. All we do is grind it up with water and the bad stuff floats to the top or sinks." Paper fibers are fed into a vat resembling an oversized mixer, which combines with water for the cleaning process. Spring reiterates that the biggest chemical used to clean the paper is water, which does all the work. Even water is conserved in the process. He said it is drawn from the Passaic River and used several times during the cleansing process. Spring has argued paper manufacturers tapping into the black liquor credit are being fiscally awarded for destroying forests and increasing greenhouse gases by devastating these forests plus polluting the environment with their inefficient manufacturing practices. Overall, both Spring and Jolda criticized the tactics of some other well-known paper manufacturers. "Wood companies live by killing trees," Jolda said. A few of their industrial adversaries have jumped on the green bandwagon, promoting their products and manufacturing as green, when Spring and Jolda say that they truly are not. "There are unethical marketers out there who are exploiting consumers," said Spring. He adds, "Some are clear cutting the Boreal Forest with over 200 year old trees. They are clear cutting habitats. The bulk of paper comes from old growth forests when Thomas Jefferson was President. Spring continues, "My hope is that kind of activity will not stand the test of widespread interest." Spring said Marcal's products are currently available in 50 percent of the country. He advises consumers who are seeking Marcal Products if the Small Steps product line is not available in their store, to speak with their store manager who can in turn contact Marcal. "Consumers need to be comfortable with what's on a store shelf," said Spring. "Most store managers are delighted to be accommodating. "And," Spring added, "Most stores want to be green too."

Read More
Warner Communications

The global environmental watchdog group has cozied up with giant paper companies that use very little recycled paper in their toilet paper, napkins and paper towels while it ignores a smaller company that uses 100 percent recycled paper, said the chief executive of Marcal, Tim Spring, which happens to be the smaller company in question.

Read More

Browse ZoomInfo’s Directories