At ZoomInfo we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are collaborative, take initiative, and get stuff done we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting-edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
Our Corporate Engineering team is looking for an experienced data scientist leader. ZoomInfo is a data-driven organization and we are increasingly adding more predictive insights to our decision making at all levels of the company.
The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to work with large, complex data, tease out insights using a combination of modeling, regression, and machine learning techniques and serve up the results to the end-users by telling a compelling story that leads to significant business value. Consumers of these insights will include cross-functional stakeholders and management, up to senior and executive leadership.
In addition, the successful candidate must have excellent business acumen and communication skills.
- IDENTIFY NEEDS & RECOMMEND SOLUTIONS: Ask the right questions, document the design, understand the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, ideate and make recommendations for appropriate reports and analyses.
- DEVELOP DATA STRATEGY & GAIN ACCESS TO DATA: Develop strategic plans to access appropriate and necessary data sources to support analyses and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with, foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility, advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- DEVELOP INTO AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Become familiar with and adopt appropriate analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure relevant and impactful approaches; pursue technical training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- CONTRIBUTE TO BODY OF KNOWLEDGE: Develop new functional relationships; break down and explain business processes in place; explore new technologies and techniques. Share these insights with the broader team; mentor and coach junior analysts.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in analytical design and methods, plan for data processing and querying many types of data sources, design an appropriate analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability, implement and/or oversee analyses from start to finish, including reporting.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to stakeholders and functional partners, understand end-user needs and create effective communication strategies for largest business impact
- Intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a data science role
- Intermediate to advanced SQL and Python, including familiarity with panel data structures and SQL databases
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Looker, or open source exploratory data analysis tools such as ggplot, matplotlib or plotly
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and unstructured work environment
- Passion to learn technical tools, business processes, and develop soft skills
- Willingness to grow and adapt to changing needs of a fast growing business
- 3+ years of experience with programing languages (i.e. R and Python) and statistical modeling techniques (i.e. Regression, Machine Learning Classification methods, feature interpretation, etc.)
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams of varying complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way
- Experience developing strong partnerships across a multi-layered and matrixed organization
- Experience working in or partnering closely with one or more business functions
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
For over a decade, ZoomInfo has helped companies achieve their most important objective: profitable growth. Backed by the world's most comprehensive B2B database, our platform puts sales and marketing professionals in position to identify, connect, and engage with qualified prospects.
Our mission is to provide every company with a 360-degree view of their ideal customer, empowering each phase of their go-to-market strategy and driving their ability to hit their number.