At ZoomInfo we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are collaborative, take initiative, and get stuff done we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting-edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
As the Market & Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing.
Company Description: ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the industry leading fastest growing Go-To-Market platform for Sales, Marketing and Recruiting. We bring to B2B professionals fully integrated suite of Go-To-Market products engineered to unlock their companies growth. Our platform’s intuitive UI gets the professionals up and running within minutes to execute on their workflows with highly personalized and relevant engagement interactions with prospects, customers, candidates.
Job Description: We are looking for a leader of Market and Competitive Intelligence (M&CI). You will lead a team and further strengthen and build the team. You will present your work to senior leadership teams and various stakeholders. You will be responsible building and maturing our M&CI capability. You will work with internal teams, external sources and tools to gather the most relevant data and research on trends, shifts in the market, SaaS industry, technology, customer behavior and implications from other industries trends and shifts. You will define, design primary and secondary research and surveys. You will deep dive and identify drivers of trends and distill insights for actions. Your work will assist multi-function teams to anticipate and understand changes in the market, actions of competitors, discover potential competitors, discover products and products evolution, learn from others, and bring another perspective to look at our business for continuing to remain relevant to customers. You will conduct threats assessment and quantification for impact on our products and business. Your work will help shape our strategy across functions. You will develop our Win-Loss program to further strengthen internal teams. You will create and develop assets, tools, templates, frameworks, methodologies and pro-actively maintain them. You will create several vehicles, including user communities to share insights, actions and strategies & tactical responses.
Attributes and Skills for Success in this Role: You would have bias towards execution and realizing intended outcomes, great at formulating pragmatic strategies and effective plans, thrive in team collaboration, deliberate in personal development and developing people. You would have “roll-up sleeves” approach to guiding and leading teams.
You possess advance skills in business communications, securing buy-in, working through ambiguity and incomplete information, structured problem solving, extracting insights through research and quant analytics, processing large amount of information at speed.
You bring a mindset of urgency. You are curious, pro-active feedback and improvement seeking, self-motivated and initiative taking, always raising the bar, humble, re-imagine work for productivity, effectiveness and quality.
The responsibilities of this opportunity include:
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on the market and competitive landscape; key competitors’ product, business, sales, and market positioning.
- Gather information from publicly available sources to better understand market and competitors; Devise innovative ways to enrich market intelligence.
- Identify and utilize third-party competitive intelligence (CI) tools and vendors to gather buyer and seller perspectives.
- Identify important SaaS industry trends and competitors’ behavior that guide future product development and go-to-market strategies
- Analyze key SaaS industry, technology, customer behavior, market trends by conducting primary and secondary research; Conduct appropriate surveys.
- Build a complete picture of competitors' products, strategies, technologies, customers, positioning and marketing & sales.
- Collaborate with internal teams and assess our products, technologies, solutions, customer experience vis-à-vis competition.
- Create highly effective collateral such as battle cards, technical briefs, feature comparison matrix (FCM) and other comparisons focused on strengthening our competitive positioning.
- Create reports, presentations; share and enrich intelligence and insights through internal user communities
- Assess the competitive environment, competitors’ assets and trends to provide competitive insights and recommendations to internal teams and senior leadership.
- Develop and deliver reports/communications that provide competitive insights and analysis of trends, drivers; anticipatory actions, anticipatory changes in the market, and implications for ZoomInfo business.
- Develop competitive sales strategies, manage their execution across sales, and work as the SME alongside our sales team in competitive deals.
- Define and execute competitive win/loss reviews with sales/account teams, prospects, and customers to ensure a clear understanding of competitive dynamics.
- Create/Collaborate on appropriate content, collateral, talking points, winning themes, key questions, and battle cards to enable sales to effectively compete.
- Measure success by tracking win rates against top competitors.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Enablement, and Development to continue to highlight and deliver critical market differentiators.
- Develop full market and competitive intelligence capability stack, including processes, tools, templates, frameworks, deliverables
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 8-12 years combined product marketing, market & competitive intelligence, growth strategies formulation experience in SaaS and high-tech.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Preferred MBA with 5-7 years experience at top 6 consulting companies.
- Experience in leading super smart colleagues in a team.
- A track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs.
- Experience in building high-performance teams, developing people and coaching & guiding.
- Experienced in leading teams to perform market research and competitive analysis, and draw insights, formulate tactics, strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of the SaaS industry, platforms, ecosystems, emerging technology trends.
- Solid understanding of CRM, Marketing and Recruiting software/platforms.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Ability to convert complex data and findings into understandable visual reports and provide analysis, and actionable insights.
- Proven track record in delivering outcomes through collaborative team work.
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills.
- Strong ability to solve complexities, and turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into pragmatic action plans.
- Experience in high-growth company environment.
For over a decade, ZoomInfo has helped companies achieve their most important objective: profitable growth. Backed by the world's most comprehensive B2B database, our platform puts sales and marketing professionals in position to identify, connect, and engage with qualified prospects.
Our mission is to provide every company with a 360-degree view of their ideal customer, empowering each phase of their go-to-market strategy and driving their ability to hit their number.