The Infrastructure and DevOps group (IDO) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area the company allow us unusual latitude and agility. We’re using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Staff in Zoom Engineering are given autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the company’s broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Within the IDO group, the DevOps team is the main point of contact with, and advocate for, developers and their needs. The team’s goal is to accommodate and anticipate the developers’ needs, providing support, infrastructure, deployment automation, and technical guidance as needed. We constantly look for ways to improve the developer experience, release infrastructure, and automation. DevOps staff provide technical guidance and infrastructure education to developers, ensuring best practices are followed while their needs are met.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in both traditional DevOps release work and modern infrastructure, with a thorough understanding of industry best practices. They will have a high level of comfort participating in challenging technical discussions, and advocating for best practices in a high-paced environment.
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and more.
- Manage our Cloud-native high scale production deployments (SaaS) running on Kubernetes in GCP, AWS.
- Support developers deploying services in production and assist with day to day technical operation.
- Design and develop self-service tools for managing and applying DevOps principles, such as CI/CD automation and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) on our Cloud-based production systems.
- Own production infrastructure stability, availability, and reliability.
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot our product services and tools
- Design and manage different monitoring and observability tools for troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3+ years experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineer in high scale Production environments
- At least 3+ years of experience managing/owning a Kubernetes-based platform.
- Knowledge in monitoring tools such as Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog etc..
- 2+ years of experience in scripting (Python/ GO/ Typescript).
- Experience in Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud - AWS or GCP preferred.
- Practical knowledge of building and maintaining scalable, high-performance systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux OS and networking.
- Experience in building/enhancing multi-tier infrastructure and services using infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible Terraform, Pulumi, etc...