The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management regarding human resources-related issues.
The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HRBP will assess and anticipate HR-related needs, then communicating those needs proactively with HR and business management. This individual will seek to develop integrated solutions.
This role will partner cross-functionally within the organization and deliver value-added service aligning with business objectives. Additionally, the role will include some international HR responsibilities & scope. The HRBP will maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
This individual must be hands-on with ability to manage priorities while making an impact & driving business.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Develop, coordinate, and ensure execution of contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers
- Assist international employees with HR matters including immigration and employment authorization
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs- follow-up to ensure training objectives are met
- Work closely with talent acquisition team to assess fill performance, quality of hire, and candidate pipeline
- Work closely with internal L&D teams and Talent Acquisitions to identify gaps and train or recruit as needed
- Communicate forecast changes and hiring needs to talent acquisition teams
- Provide performance management guidance to line management
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues- conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience and ability to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources escalating & resolving complex employee relations issues
- Excellent relationship management skills & comfortable partnering with Senior Leaders within all levels of an organization
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including; compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws