Zoominfo is looking for a Senior Accountant of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting to join our growing Accounting team. In this role, you will partner with the Manager of Technical Accounting and SEC reporting to work closely with our finance and business teams to ensure they are provided with top-notch accounting guidance to drive the business forward. You will have the opportunity to advise on a broad range of business issues and continually improve our financial and operational processes. You will assist in the preparation and review of our key SEC filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs). You will leverage your experience researching relevant technical guidance to identify key accounting issues and to recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions. You will partner with many key stakeholders across leadership in Sales, Dev Ops, Legal, and the broader Finance organization of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background. Your experience with leading change and critically evaluating multiple paths while problem-solving will be critical. Your ability to deal with emerging accounting issues and your intuition to extend current accounting frameworks or develop new accounting models will assist you to deliver impact.
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Help curate and review required SEC documents (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K)
- Assist in the research and implementation of new SEC rules and regulations governing reporting requirements
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including FP&A, accounting operations, business stakeholders, and external auditors to support the preparation and review of precedent setting accounting positions, policies, and financial statements
- Monitor, understand, and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements to assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications.
- Develop and implement a suite of accounting policies and the related required governance processes over policy review and development.
- Assist with research and accounting of more technical and/or less routine accounting topics, including impairment analysis, acquisitions, consolidations, and stock-based compensation.
- Assist in preparing materials for disclosure and audit committees.
- Assist with maintaining appropriate documentation and protocols related to the Company's SOX processes and controls.
- Facilitate training on relevant accounting topics to company personnel.
- Have experience researching technical accounting topics, including being familiar with the FASB Codification
- Have an interest in learning about Regulation S-X and Regulation S-K
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business related fields.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a minimum of 2 years in large public accounting firms with public clients. 3+ years of total relevant experience preferred.
- Licensed active/inactive CPA or CPA in-process
- Industry experience in either i) a technical accounting group, ii) in a technical area (e.g., Revenue, Equity based compensation, leasing, derivatives) is strongly preferred, or iii) SEC Reporting
- Strong documentation skills—clear, concise, detailed and accurate