ZoomInfo is looking for an experienced Release Manager to manage the release cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios and teams. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, infrastructure improvements, security improvements, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and inter-dependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
- Manage highly technical, complex releases through all phases of the release lifecycle for several scrum teams.
- Work closely with Engineering leadership and Product team to plan and communicate the release scope and cycles
- Coordinate release content and effort to align releases across various engineering teams based on the product backlog and infrastructure projects pipeline
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different engineering teams at different locations as well as cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Maintain and communicate the release schedule for all applications and ensure alignment across various teams and stakeholders in the company
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, Development and QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the Release implementation plans and checklists.
- Lead Release status meetings to discuss release status, progress and roadblocks
- Develop common strategies for release governance and consistent release management processes across multiple teams
- Continually work towards improving the release cycle via process improvements and using technologies to help establish predictability and cadences for releases
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Manage Jira to properly reflect the state of the team and release and help determine Jira best practices and coach team in Jira usage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC
- Experience in Saas application development
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must