The Infrastructure Engineering (IE) group is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area of our company allow us exceptional latitude and agility. We’re using that to build world-class, cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available.
Within the IE group, Infrastructure Engineers are subject matter experts for cloud technologies, performing product selection, creating infrastructure code, providing costing guidance, and acting as SME and primary support for their management, upgrades, and automation. As Zoom deepens its reliance on machine learning and new data technologies, and expands its feature set and products, this team’s responsibilities continue to expand.
As a Principal Infrastructure Engineer focused on Search, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our search infrastructure within Amazon and Google platforms and training team members for secondary support roles. You will have a focus on search, including ongoing development of our Apache Solr infrastructure and plugins based on new product and scalability needs. You will have the opportunity to play an integral role in supporting the core business of ZoomInfo via search improvements.
Principal staff in Zoom Engineering are given autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the company’s broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Creating and managing existing search infrastructure, based on Apache Solr
- Development of existing and new Solr plugins to support complex search use cases
- Working hands on with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Infrastructure, build, and config management development and code review
- Involvement with product teams to help define new search features and new possibilities
- Championing best practices and standards within the team, and in the broader Engineering organization
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of the above
- Mentor junior infrastructure engineering staff
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining the following technologies: Apache Solr or ElasticSearch, including configuration, schema development (5+ years)
- Experience with search relevance tuning and development of new search features (5+ years)
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (3+ years)
- Experience scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (2+ years)
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment technologies, such as Helm (2+ years)
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively (Java, Node, Python, Go preferred)
- Experience with PaaS technologies (EKS, Google Kubernetes Engine)
- Experience managing infrastructure on a cloud provider. Google Cloud and AWS experience preferred, at least one (2+ years)
- Experience with a centralized logging solution (New Relic, ELK, DataDog, Splunk, SumoLogic, GreyLog) (2+ years)
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts as well as experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, etc.)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Slack-native mentality
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to plan and manage project work on complex projects
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience