The Infrastructure Engineering group (IE) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area the company allows us unusual latitude and agility. We’re using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Staff on the IE Team are given autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the company’s broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Summary of essential job functions
- Manage highly technical, complex projects through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Determine and manage project staffing requirements and project execution schedule, and direct project team members on associated work tasks.
- Serve as the single point-of-contact during project lifespan.
- Collect requirements and ensure project plans are well defined, clearly documented, and agreed to by all relevant stakeholders
- Help establish, nurture, and drive best-practice standards and processes across the IDO team and across Engineering.
- Train and mentor the IDO Team around project management best practices
- Understand the overall architecture to provide insights and guidance around requirements for new initiatives, technologies, services.
- Assist with technical discussions, decisions, and knowledge transfer to new project team members.
- Exceptional communication skills with a slack-native mentality.
- Experience managing technical projects (4+ years)
- Experience and working knowledge of infrastructure on at least one cloud provider: GCP and AWS preferred. (2+ years)
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively. (2+ years)
- Knowledge of databases, data migration, and ETL concepts.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence a plus
- Experience with Agile methodology a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive projects fully to completion.
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant industry trends, new products and innovations
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts
- Comfortable multitasking and context-switching.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient and process-oriented
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.