We’re looking for a Senior (or Principal) engineer who has experience building and scaling asynchronous applications. Preferably the candidate will have experience working with large-scale PHP applications and be familiar with asynchronous programming concepts in PHP.
This candidate should also be comfortable making architectural decisions and effectively communicating these decisions to team members. Ideally, the candidate is a self-starter who desires to become a core contributor and make a large impact in a short amount of time.
- Designing, planning, and executing the roadmap for the NeverBounce team.
- Contribute to discussions around the adoption of new technologies.
- Building highly scalable and reliable services to improve the NeverBounce platform.
- Work closely with product managers to understand the business requirements.
- Find the right balance between perfection and getting the job done
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of experience using PHP or Java.
- Built highly available, scalable, asynchronous services.
- Writing unit or integration tests.
- Experience with AWS (or similar cloud platforms).
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with the Laravel or Micronaut frameworks.
- Experience with ECS, EKS, or other container orchestration.
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, or other message-queuing systems.
- A desire to own projects end-to-end.
- Working knowledge of TCP and SMTP