Walter Gropius, director of the Bauhaus from 1919 to 1928, changed the face of art education with his philosophy of integrating art, craft, and technology with everyday life at the Bauhaus.
newly designed building in Dessau was completed in December 1926, its innovative structure did more than house the various components of the school; it became an integral aspect of life at the Bauhaus
and a stage for its myriad activities, from studies and leisurely pursuits to theatrical performances.
From the beginning, the camera recorded the architecture as the most convincing statement of Gropius'
philosophy as well as the fervor with which the students embraced it.