About | Free Trial

Last Update

2012-04-25T00:00:00.000Z

This profile was last updated on .

Is this you? Claim your profile.

Wrong Roger Hungerford?

Mr. Roger Hungerford L.

Chief Executive Officer and Principal Owner

Sigma’s

Get ZoomInfo Grow

+ Get 10 Free Contacts a Month

I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I understand that I will receive a subscription to ZoomInfo Community Edition at no charge in exchange for downloading and installing the ZoomInfo Contact Contributor utility which, among other features, involves sharing my business contacts as well as headers and signature blocks from emails that I receive.

Sigma’s

Background Information

Employment History

Scientifics Group

Chief Executive Officer

Talis Equity LLC

Chairman

Suspension Orthopaedic Solutions Inc

Affiliations

Member, Board
Access Scientific , Inc.

Founder
Sigma International General Medical Apparatus, LLC.

Education

BS degree

Marketing

Indiana University

Web References (66 Total References)


Lovett Miller & Co. Portfolio Company, Sigma International General Medical Apparatus, LLC, has been purchased by Baxter International, Inc. (NYSE: BAX). > Lovett Miller & Co.

www.lovettmiller.com [cached]

Scott was also valuable in a number of other ways by providing sound business operational counsel,� commented Roger Hungerford, Sigma’s CEO and principal owner.


Roger ...

talisequity.com [cached]

Roger Hungerford

CEO and founder
Roger is an entrepreneur, strategist, operations expert, investor and U.S. patent holder with more than three decades of success in business and medical technology. Before launching Talis Equity in 2009, Roger founded and led SIGMA, a "smart" intravenous infusion pump designer and manufacturer. The company employed 750 when it was sold to Baxter Healthcare in 2012 for $250 million. With Talis Equity, Roger continues to invest and innovate. He is closely involved in a number of charitable causes worldwide and enjoys playing golf and competitive cycling.


Roger Hungerford founded ...

talisequity.com [cached]

Roger Hungerford founded Talis Equity in 2009 to further invest in transformative medical and software technology after three decades leading SIGMA, an intravenous infusion pump designer and manufacturer.

SIGMA was bought and sold twice by Roger (founder, CEO and lead designer) and his management team. SIGMA I was formed in 1982 and sold in September 1987 to Smith's Industries of London, for $8.5 million. Roger repurchased SIGMA in 1992 for $4 million and later resold 40% of it to Baxter Healthcare in April 2009 for $100 million, followed by the remaining 60% in April 2012 for a further $149 million.
SIGMA became the technological leader in "smart" IV pumps during the period of 2005 to 2012, eventually installing nearly 100,000 pumps per year in 2011 and 2012 - all time industry records.
Smart IV pumps included embedded software artificial intelligence systems that could detect root causes of fatal Adverse Drug Events (ADEs) from nurse/doctor keypad entries. Roger licensed the first generation smart IV pump system from Dr. Nat Sims at Massachusetts General Hospital.
...
II smart system eventually designed by Roger employed four separate ADE prevention systems, the first of its kind.
...
During the three year period of 2009 to 2012, Roger, his existing team and key new hires worked closely with Baxter. Production scaled to 2200 pumps per week with a very difficult to manufacture product. The recalled Baxter Colleague pump fleet was largely replaced, protecting Baxter's huge IV set/solution business.
SIGMA, now Baxter, continues to remain in Medina, NY, renting space from The Olde Pickle Factory industrial park, where Roger and Talis Equity are also located. Baxter has been an excellent community partner in Medina and has taken extensive care of its employees and local suppliers.


News | Access Scientific

www.the-wand.com [cached]

Roger Hungerford Joins Board of Access Scientific (February 1, 2011)


Our People | Access Scientific

www.the-wand.com [cached]

Roger L. Hungerford Director

Similar Profiles

Other People with this Name

Other people with the name Hungerford

Nick Hungerford
Securities Industry Management Association

Peter Hungerford
ADAC Plastics , Inc.

Erin Hungerford
Richmond Association of Realtors

Catherine Hungerford
CEROW AGENCY INC

Jason Hungerford
Nichols Kaster, PLLP

Browse ZoomInfo's Business Contact Directory by City

Browse ZoomInfo's
Business People Directory

Browse ZoomInfo's
Advanced Company Directory