- Shulman Associates , Consulting Engineers & Designers , was formed in 1982.Since that time , GSA's capabilities have grown to the position of providing full mechanical , electrical , plumbing and fire protection engineering and design services for all of its projects.
In_addition to being a full mechanical and electrical engineering firm , GSA
has excelled in the areas of fire alarm , security , surveillance , ATC and Building Management Systems.GSA
provides engineering services for projects with MEP/FP construction cost ranging from $ 15 , 000 to $ 350 , 000 , 000 with General Construction Cost projects ranging from $ 1 , 000 , 000 to $ 850 , 000 , 000.The prime types of projects that GSA
has_been involved with are as follows :.
- Shulman Associates , Consulting Engineers & Designers , has considerable experience with new building design and engineering.Drawing on our knowledge of renovation work , we have been able to design systems for new construction that , if required , could lend themselves easily to future expansion and modification.We are invariably aware of an owner's budgets and time constraints and have earned an outstanding reputation for bringing projects in on time and within budget.In all cases GSA offers full engineering services from conceptual planning through construction administration.Giovanetti
- Shulman Associates , Consulting Engineers & Designers , has unprecedented credentials in complex renovation projects , which range from office building upgrades , food service and restaurant revisions to the reconfiguration of casino gaming floors of 60 , 000 to 150 , 000 sq. ft. All of these are accomplished in fully operational buildings with minimal downtime , minimal service interruptions and minimal interference to the building's operation.
The term Renovation , as we refer to , are more than just a normal upgrading to the existing areas , but rather changing the use and occupancy of the existing building and internal spaces.
Since the nature and complexity of our renovation projects go far beyond the expectations of a normal engineering firm , we have developed an expertise in the design requirements of this type of project.These projects invariably require considerable mechanical and electrical systems research to determine the impact of the proposed modifications on the existing building systems.In_addition , these projects require extensive coordination with the existing building features , systems and equipment.By analyzing the pros and cons of various types of mechanical and electrical system designs , we have been able to provide our clients with complete , comprehensive and cost effective engineering documentation for permits and construction.
In_addition , Giovanetti
- Shulman Associates is prequalified in the State of New_Jersey by the Division of Building and Construction for $ 10 , 000 , 000 and is a licensed by the Casino Control Commission of New_Jersey
- Shulman Associates' commitment to the team concept requires that the mechanical and electrical engineering of a project support the architectural and interior design concepts , which have been approved by the client.As engineers , we look for inventive methods and solutions to maintain the integrity of the design , to meet code requirements and to meet expected probable construction cost.GSA
has chosen consciously to remain a mid-size firm with an engineering staff ranging from 35 to 42 qualified engineers , designers and draftsmen , plus administrative personnel.This allows GSA's associates , officers and principals of the firm to be actively involved with all projects and to provide personal attention to the client's needs so that the client's project requirements are met without over or under design and within the agreed budget.We are not only committed to the design of the project , but once the construction documents are completed and the contractors are selected , Giovanetti - Shulman Associates will meet with the client/architect and the assigned contractors to review the MEP design and determine and resolve areas of concern
.During the construction of the project , GSA
commits itself to prompt shop drawing review ( within five days of receipt ) and to periodic site observations to assure that the project's design intent and code compliances are being met.The contractor's request for information or clarifications , final punch listing and witness testing of the completed MEP construction are performed promptly.This commitment assures the client that Giovanetti - Shulman Associates will meet the design intent of the project at hand and that the resulting design , by its very nature , can and usually will serve as a model for future projects
- Shulman Associates , Consulting Engineers & Designers , while offering standard services as an established engineering firm , has also made a strong commitment to pursue the technology of the future.By doing this , GSA
can offer Computer Aided Design Services utilizing the latest technology in Intel
based computers and AutoCAD design software.Coupled with a highly trained design staff , GSA
provides a total CAD solution to our client's needs.We continue to maintain AutoCAD workstations , plus a comprehensive library of additional CAD/CAE software , i.e. , Softdesk's Auto-Architect and Carrier Software's E20II HVAC design package and building energy analysis programs.Giovanetti
- Shulman Associates , Consulting Engineers & Designers , maintains full Professional Liability Insurance of $ 1 , 000 , 000 with $ 20 , 000 deductible and Public Liability Insurance of $ 2 , 000 , 000.Although , maintaining this coverage is expensive , GSA feels that being committed to the protection of their client is an important consideration.
Our basic scope of engineering design services include the following :.
Attend Meetings With Client to Determine the following :.
...Richard Giovanetti co-founded GSA in July 1982 , after an extensive career in the field of electrical design
has demonstrated expertise not only in design and coordination of engineering projects , but also in organizing , leading and developing a remarkably successful engineering firm in a very short time.With over twenty-four years of varied experience following graduation from Philadelphia Technical Institute , Richard has served as project account_manager , lead electrical and instrument designer , as_well_as senior electrical design supervisor with R. J. Sigel , Roy Weston , Kuljian Corp. and United Engineers and Constructors
...Mr. Giovanetti is a member of BOCA , NFPA and IES where he is an active member of the Casino and Gaming Lighting Committee
In_addition to the projects and clients of GSA
has supervised commercial and industrial projects involving chemical , petrochemical , pharmaceutical and fiberglass manufacturing , computer and telecommunications , steam generation , educational institutions , hospitals and hotel casinos.
The following is a brief list of projects that were under Mr. Giovanetti's personal direction :.