Arch Insurance Group - Operations Center 300 Plaza Three
Jersey City, New Jersey 07311
Arch Insurance Group (Arch), a division of Arch Capital Group Ltd., is a market-leading specialty insurer.
We provide a wide range of property, casualty and specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions across the U
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SENIOR EXECUTIVE
30+ Years of Progressive Experience Successfully Delivering Business Driven Technology Solutions
Visionary, results-driven IT executive. Expert in envisioning, designing and leading technology-based solutions for multi-million dollar revenue businesses with aggressive growth initiatives. Key member of multiple senior executive teams, contributing a seasoned, broad-based perspective, crafting pragmatic IT strategies and implementation plans designed for speed of execution and maximum economic return.
Areas of expertise
? IT Strategy & Execution
? Corporate Mission Fulfillment
? Start-Up Ventures
? Fix-It/Turnaround Challenges
? Business Process Improvement
? Iterative Project Planning & Management ? Integration Analysis
? Information Architecture
? Team Building & Leadership
? Insurance Processing (Front End)
? Data Management (Back End)
? Vendor Relationships & Negotiations
Catalina U.S. Insurance Services – Chief Information Officer
September 2014 – present
Retained by Catalina as Chief Information Officer subsequent to Catalina’s acquisition of SPARTA Insurance Company. Led the systems & data integration of Alea Group run-off business, acquired by Catalina in 2014. In doing so, implemented a process that eliminated $500,000 in annual vendor costs associated with processing third party administrator data feeds for Alea’s run-off business. I continue to automate formerly manual processes embedded in Alea’s run-off business bringing more efficiency and lowering costs. I also analyze system needs and integration opportunities as a part of Catalina’s due diligence process for future acquisitions.
SPARTA Insurance Holdings, LLC – Chief Information Officer
May 2007 – Sept 2014
I was recruited as one of the original 21 founding employees of SPARTA, a Hartford, CT based start-up alternative risk (captive & program) insurance holding company, providing Commercial Auto, General Liability, Workers Compensation, Commercial Property & Commercial Package (including Business Owners). I developed the IT operations, infrastructure and data design. Virtualized environment developed from the ground up with VMWare and internally developed applications, utilizing .Net and SQL, customized to the SPARTA business model. I worked with all departments to design integrated data, systems and procedures that resulted in efficient workflow and accurate data.
• Hands on design of internally developed systems that provide state of the art management information, financial forecasting and data interfaces to Insurity Policy Decisions and Sungard EAS G/L and A/P
• Designed data structures that supported the delivery of real-time business performance information through the “Management Dashboard” to all key constituencies. The Dashboard provides for high-level business performance review and drill-down capability to an underwriter’s individual book of business. This meaningful & actionable information enabled the understanding of how each program contributed to corporate results.
• Internally developed premium accounting, corporate forecasting, claims application, statistical and bureau reporting. Integrated systems allowed for efficient processing and limited staffing needs in finance and statistical reporting. Developed and maintained the infrastructure within an IT budget of $4 million.
• Since SPARTA was a start-up, led the challenge of coordinating employees with varied prior work process experiences to develop processing and data standards, using the best of all past experiences. The result was totally integrated systems and extremely efficient processing.
• designed the data architecture and skilled in SQL to access data for adhoc reporting and data integrity
(60 Total References)
About Discover Re - The Alternative Risk Transfer Provider
Patricia SheaExecutive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Patricia Shea is Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer of the company.Ms. Shea has responsibility for the Information Systems Department that includes all hardware, communications and software development to support Discover Re's business.
She has 25 years of systems experience with over 15 years of that experience supporting the insurance industry.
Prior to coming to Discover Reshe spent nine years as Manager of Insurance Operations in the Systems Department at Executive Risk.Ms. Shea holds a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Hartford and a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Central Connecticut State University.
Patricia B. Shea is Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer of SPARTA, responsible for the company's systems architecture, applications, and data.Prior to joining SPARTA as a member of the initial management team responsible for launching the company, Ms. Shea was CIO at Discover Re.Prior to Discover Re, Ms. Shea was manager of IT at Executive Risk and has over 20 years of experience building and supporting information systems for insurance companies.Ms. Shea has a bachelor's degree in Accounting from Central Connecticut State University and a master's degree in Business Administration in Information Technology from the University of Hartford.
Pat Shea, former coach at Sparta High for 14 years, played for, coached with and coached against Paternostro, as did Kapplemeier, the former High Point coach, and Mike Beach, current Delbarton assistant.
Shea, Kapplemeier and Beach played on the same Pope John teams in the late 1970s.
"All three of us became head coaches," Shea said.
Shea said he remembers losing his first game as a freshman coach, 42-0.
Thank You for Downloading!
1. Download ZoomInfo Grow
2. Run Installation Wizard
3. Check your inbox to Sign in to ZoomInfo Grow