- Dec 15: India and Iran have signed a work-plan for 2003-04 to promote bi-lateral cooperation in the field of agriculture.
, 18th Nov: CBI has arrested an NRI, Antony Joe Kingslay Fernandez on charges of cheating a rich old man of Delhi and his son, a British citizen of nearly Rs.
Nov 2: Delhi Police arrested a woman in relation to a beauty parlour racket in East Delhi, who carried on prostitution in the parlour.Ritu Chauhan who was running the parlour was arrested in Madhu Vihar area of I P Extension on the complaint of an employee that she
had tried to force her
into prostitution on the first day of her
- Australia has agreed to look into its unregistered educational institutions operating from India.These institutions run by elements from Australia in connivance with elements in India have been a source of irritant and an hurdle in the way of better educational collaboration between the two sides.More News
- India and Oman have emphasized the need to accelerate all measures for closer trade and economic relations between the two countries.Both countries are also examining the possibility of entering into a strategic trade alliance.
- October 15, 2003 India and New Zealand have agreed to foster greater cooperation in the education sector through an Educational Exchange Programme (EEP).
- October 15, 2003 The Prime Minister has called for 'people-centered conservation approaches' for protecting the wild life in the country.
What is happening to K M Meena in New Delhi?Is he
Gone for Ever?
In 2002-03, New Delhi
spend over 16 billion dollars on importing 82 million tonnes of crude.More
,Thursday, September 18, 2003: As many as 355 names of Sikh NRIs, who were allegedly black-listed due to adverse activities following 1984 Golden Temple episode and denied visas to visit India, have been cleared after the intervention by National Human Rights Commission
,Friday, September 12, 2003: In a scathing attack on the Gujarat Government for filing an "eye wash" of an appeal in the Best Bakery riot case, the Supreme Court today doubted the state government's intentions on punishing the guilty.
emphasised the need for lasting peace in West Asia.
Shunted to Brussels, Senior Embassy Officials in Muscat listening?New Delhi R.M. Abhayankar
(RMA) Secretary East in the Mininstry of External Affairs is being shunted out to Brussels.An aspirant for the Foreign Secretary position, his
chances are said to have gone with the wind mainly because of his
controversial and partisan role in the Indian School matters in Oman which resulted in the pre-mature transfer of the former envoy K M Meena from Muscat last July.It may be recalled that Mr. Abhayankar, a senior IFS official has been taking personal interest in transfering K M Meena, the former Indian Ambassador to Oman from Muscat and favour two business tycoons by appointing a pro business friendly diplomat as the new ambassador.
KM Meena is understood to have written the higher authorities in India about RMA's unwarranted interference in KMM's school related functions in Muscat.KMM is further believed to have petitioned the President of India
against RMA for his(RMA's) responsibility in this regard and for blocking KMM's
promotion to the next grade in the IFS
.After returning to Delhi, the former envoy to Muscat has redoubled his
efforts to seek justice.
NEW DELHI- September The government has proposed to set up four new Advanced Centres for Science
, Technology and Education, on regional basis.However, at the apex level in research, massive national and international centres of excellence and facilities will continue to be created, besides the existing ones including the Nuclear Science Centre
: The Central Bureau of Intelligence(CBI) , on Monday questioned Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati in connection with the controversial multi-crore Taj Heritage Corridor.A Lucknow report quoting sources said that the five-member CBI team led by DIG Neeraj Nayan questioned Mayawati for over two hours at her
13, Mall Avenue residence.More News
Gulf Malayali main suspect in Bombay Blast
Bombay - C.A.M. Basheer
of Kaprissery near Aluva, who has been living in a Gulf country is suspected in he
recent Mumbai bomb blasts that killed over 50 people.
: During routine patrolling, Delhi Police today detected a huge quantity of explosives from the busy New Delhi Railway Station at about 1145 hours.More
-A public interest suit has been filed in the Delhi High Court against certain officials of Indian Embassy Muscat and the Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi
with the support the pravasi community.