A melted water line had doused the fire nearly completely out when firefighters arrived on the scene, said Brevard Fire Chief Mike Galloway.
"Once we made entry, we found a small fire that had burned through a water line and almost completely put the fire out," he
said."It was an electrical problem and it set a wall on fire inside the structure.When it built to a certain height, it burnt into the ceiling area and melted a water line, which actually melted the fire." Galloway
said most of the store's animals, which included snakes, rabbits and cats, succumbed to smoke inhalation.
"There might have been a few that made it, but the majority were overcome by smoke," he