Share This Profile
Share this profile on Facebook.
Link to this profile on LinkedIn.
Tweet this profile on Twitter.
Email a link to this profile.
See other services through which you can share this profile.
This profile was last updated on 8/16/15  and contains information from public web pages and contributions from the ZoomInfo community.

Dr. Margaret Nyirenda

Wrong Dr. Margaret Nyirenda?

Director of Food, Agriculture and...

SADC Secretariat
Email: n***@***.int
Johannesburg ,

Company Description: The Southern African Development Community (SADC) was established to end colonialism and apartheid in southern Africa. The inter-governmental body evolved from the...   more

Employment History

Board Memberships and Affiliations


  • Bachelor of Science degree , Agriculture
    University of Malawi
  • Masters degree , Public Policy and Management
    Harvard University
  • Master of Science degree , Agriculture Economics
    same university
  • post-graduate diploma , Production and Development Economics
    University of Wales
32 Total References
Web References
"Instead, individual countries will do ..., 16 Aug 2015 [cached]
"Instead, individual countries will do so," said Margaret Nyirenda, director of SADC's Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Division.
Director for Food, Agriculture and ..., 1 June 2015 [cached]
Director for Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources (FANR) at the SADC Secretariat, Mrs. Margaret Nyirenda, said this during a media briefing held on 14th August 2015 at the Gaborone International Conference Centre (GICC) ahead of the 35th Ordinary Summit for Heads of States in Botswana.
"The recently held Integrated ..., 28 Sept 2008 [cached]
"The recently held Integrated Committee of Ministers Meeting in Manzini, Swaziland, urged member states to remove restrictions - in fact, we have urged countries with surplus maize to sell their produce within the region," said Margaret Nyirenda, head of the SADC,s Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Directorate.
"The plans are now at an advanced stage and have received support because of the current global food crisis," said Nyirenda.
Various models of the proposed facility are being negotiated; the strongest contender is based on the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Emergency Rice Reserve, established in the late 1970s.
In the Southern African model a 500,000 metric tonne facility, including a cash component for countries that do not have any surplus to contribute, would be set up.About 75 percent of the reserve will comprise food in kind, while the remaining 25 percent will be in the form of cash.
"The reserve, which will include a combination of cereals, will be kept in several selected countries to provide easy access around the region," said Nyirenda.
"We support such bilateral initiatives to boost food security, but we are concerned in instances where land is being leased or purchased for biofuel production at the expense of food production," said Nyirenda.
FARA Africa: Contacts, 5 Oct 2014 [cached]
Director: Dr. Margaret Nyirenda SADC House Khama Crescent
FARA Africa: FARA Board Members, 18 Jan 2014 [cached]
Ms. Lucy Muchoki Ms Margaret Nyirenda Private Sector Representative Southern Africa SRO Representative Executive Director Director, SADC/FANR
Other People with the name "Nyirenda":
Other ZoomInfo Searches
Accelerate your business with the industry's most comprehensive profiles on business people and companies.
Find business contacts by city, industry and title. Our B2B directory has just-verified and in-depth profiles, plus the market's top tools for searching, targeting and tracking.
Atlanta | Boston | Chicago | Houston | Los Angeles | New York
Browse ZoomInfo's business people directory. Our professional profiles include verified contact information, biography, work history, affiliations and more.
Browse ZoomInfo's company directory. Our company profiles include corporate background information, detailed descriptions, and links to comprehensive employee profiles with verified contact information.