Meanwhile, the kidnappers of aid worker Margaret Hassan are threatening to hand her over to al-Qaida-linked militants notorious for beheading hostages unless Britain agrees within 48 hours to pull its troops from Iraq, an Arabic television station reports.The threat to Hassan, the Iraq director for CARE International, was made in a videotape received by Al-Jazeera television but not broadcast in its entirety because the station said it was "too graphic."
Instead, it transmitted a segment Tuesday night showing a hooded gunman but without sound.The newscaster said the kidnappers gave Britain 48 hours to meet their demands, "primarily the withdrawal" of British troops.
Otherwise, the 59-year-old Hassan
will be handed over to al-Qaida in Iraq, a group headed by Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.His
followers have beheaded at least six hostages: three Americans, a Briton, a Japanese and a South Korean.
Meanwhile, there has been no word on an American and two other foreigners _ one Filipino and a Nepalese _ abducted Monday night in Baghdad.
, an Irish-British-Iraqi citizen who is married to an Iraqi, was kidnapped last month from her
car in western Baghdad.No group has claimed responsibility for her
kidnapping and there was no sign on the brief broadcast of any banner identifying who held her