Expert's CV | Read more about John Sgromolo's background... | Read More... | Expert's CV
John Sgromolo | Digital Forensics Expert
Curriculum Vitae for John Sgromolo
·Recognized internationally by clients and contemporaries alike as an expert in the disciplines of Digital Forensics
, Cyber Security and Cyber Crime Investigations, Mr. Sgromolo 's background includes a combined total of twenty years of managing complex digital investigations, supervising digital evidence processing facilities and serving as a Master Instructor in the field of Digital Forensics
most recent achievement has been the creation and implementation of the Digital Forensics practice for one of America's largest telecommunications companies, Verizon Communications, Inc.
· As a founding member of the Computer Crime Investigations Group
for our country's oldest federal intelligence agency (NCIS), Mr. Sgromolo
supervised project liaison and development for a special multi-agency, multi-jurisdiction Computer Crime Incident Response Team (CIRT) with the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Postal Inspectors, U.S. Customs, State and Local Police
has also provided Expert Witness sworn testimony and depositions in both State
and U.S. Federal courts on matters concerning digital forensics.
· While serving as Assistant Director at the Institute for Police Technology and Management, John created one of the first Computer Crime training programs for local and state law enforcement officers in the United States.
Titled "Computer Crime Investigations
", this course of instruction still exists today and has provided cyber crime and digital forensic investigative expertise to hundreds of law enforcement officers nationwide.
John was also the first instructor in the United States to teach the "I-Look" forensic software program to law enforcement.
· As President of Digital Forensics, Inc.
, Mr. Sgromolo
was responsible for the creation of several original courses of digital forensic certification training including " Digital Forensics and Electronic Discovery
" (TXu-1-181-767) and "Advanced Digital Forensic Techniques" (TXu-1-181-571).
To date, John
has provided investigative support as well as basic and advanced certification instruction in digital forensics and electronic discovery techniques to hundreds of law enforcement and corporate security clients worldwide, to include AT&T, Verizon, Symantec, Bank of New York, Wells Fargo, Warner Bros., Baxter, McGraw-Hill, Lockheed Martin, AIG and Blue Cross/Blue Shield as well as the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, NYPD, LAPD and the National Security Agency
· John has served on two U.S. Department of Justice committees for the Forensic Examination of Digital Evidence standards and the Presentation of Digital Evidence in the Courtroom "best practices".
Also, John collaborated with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the National Science Foundation (NSF) and Purdue University 's Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS) on a common body of knowledge (CBK) for digital forensics and network security measures.
· John was the first cyber crime investigator in the country to produce a CD-ROM based computer crime response program with the production of "Computer Crime First Response" for The Backup Corporation.
©Copyright - 2012, John Sgromolo
, All Rights Reserved.