No Photo Available

Last Update

2016-11-18T00:00:00.000Z

This profile was last updated on .

Is this you? Claim your profile.

Wrong John Gachora?

Mr. John Mburu Gachora

Group Managing Director

NIC Bank Limited

HQ Phone: +254 20 2888000

Email: j***@***.com

Get ZoomInfo Grow

+ Get 10 Free Contacts a Month

Please agree to the terms and conditions

I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I understand that I will receive a subscription to ZoomInfo Grow at no charge in exchange for downloading and installing the ZoomInfo Contact Contributor utility which, among other features, involves sharing my business contacts as well as headers and signature blocks from emails that I receive.

NIC Bank Limited

Masaba Road Upperhill Area

Nairobi, 100

Kenya

Company Description

We are a limited liability company registered in Kenya under the Companies Act (Cap 486) of the Laws of Kenya. NIC Securities is owned by NIC Capital Limited, a fully owned subsidiary of NIC Bank since 2007. NICS looks to provide investors with a secure ... more

Find other employees at this company (1,205)

Background Information

Employment History

Managing Director and Head of Corporate and Investment Banking

Barclays

Alliance High School

Executive Positions

Absa Bank Limited

Executive Positions

Bank of America Corporation

Executive Positions

Credit Suisse First Boston LLC

Affiliations

Board Member
NC Bank Uganda Limited

Board Member
Scion Real Estate Limited

Board Member
African Leadership Foundation

Education

engineering

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Bachelor of Science

MIT

Bachelors of Science

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Electrical Engineering degrees

MIT

Electrical Engineering degrees

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

MBA

The Wharton School , University of Pennsylvania , USA

MBA

Wharton School of Business

MBA

Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania

Masters

Business Administration

University of Pennsylvania

Masters

Engineering

MIT

Masters Degree

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Masters of Business Administration

Wharton Business School

Masters of Business Administration

Wharton School , University of Pennsylvania

Web References (84 Total References)


NC Bank - Our Board of Directors

www.nc-bank.com [cached]

John Gachora

...
John Gachora
Group Managing Director (Executive)
Mr. Gachora holds a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA as well as an MBA from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA, He joined NC from Barclays Africa where he had been Managing Director and Head of Corporate & Investment Banking. Prior to this this he held several executive positions at Absa Bank, in South Africa, as well as Bank of America and Credit Suisse First Boston in the United States. He joined NC Bank in September 2013 as Group Managing Director and was appointed to the Board on 21 August 2013.


News Archive 1a - Uganda Economy

www.ugandaeconomy.com [cached]

The Group Managing Director of NIC Bank Group, John Gachora, has said the regional financial institution has raised capital worth $134 million to create new products, expand its branch network and meet other general capital uses. Gachora was speaking in Kampala at a function where NC Bank Uganda, a subsidiary of the NIC Bank Group, met their customers to say thank you for their support. Gachora said they have raised Ksh5.5 billion (about $61.2 million) through a bond in Kenya, acquired a Kshs4.5bn (about $50.1 million) loan from IFC and also raised Kshs2.1 billion (about $23.3m) from a rights issue on Nairobi Stock Exchange. Read more


NIC Bank - Our Board of Directors

www.nic-securities.com [cached]

John Gachora

...
JOHN GACHORA
GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR (EXECUTIVE)
Mr. Gachora holds a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA as well as an MBA from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA, He joined NIC from Barclays Africa where he had been Managing Director and Head of Corporate & Investment Banking. Prior to this this he held several executive positions at Absa Bank, in South Africa, as well as Bank of America and Credit Suisse First Boston in the United States. He joined NIC Bank in September 2013 as Group Managing Director and was appointed to the Board on 21 August 2013.


IC Bank Managing Director ...

www.economyofkenya.com [cached]

IC Bank Managing Director John Gachora says the money will support the banks growth plan in adding more branches in Kenya and the region.Gachora says the money will also go towards strengthening the capital base to support growth in their loan book for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and corporate segments. e says institutional investors received 90 percent of the issue while the remaining 10 percent went to retail investors. he bond received offers of Sh6.5 billion from the original target Sh3 billion leading to the upsize of the bond to Sh5.5 billion. his was the first tranche under the Sh8 billion Medium Term Note Program. he bond issue is part of a major capital-raising program initiated by NIC Bank as it seeks to grow both in Kenya and the region. he company is also seeking to raise Sh2 billion in a rights issue subject to regulatory approval.Read more â-ª

NIC Bond Gets Sh6.5 Billion Offers The NIC Bank bond issue targeting institutional and retail investors has received offers of Sh6.5 billion, representing a 30 percent oversubscription from the expected Sh5 billion.Institutional investors offered to take up 90 percent of the issue, while retail investors accounted for the remaining 10 percent of the bond issue which was available."The success of the bond is a vote of confidence on the Bank's long-term growth strategy. The money raised is critical in strengthening our capital base so as to support growth in our loan book for both the SME and corporate segments," NIC Bank CEO John Gachora said."This is a major milestone in support of our corporate strategy which calls for robust capital levels and a sustainable funding programme."The bond is the first issue under the Sh8 billion Medium Term Note Program that was approved by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) and upsized to Sh5 billion from the original Sh3 billion.Read more


NIC Bank - Our Board of Directors

www.nic-bank.com [cached]

JOHN GACHORA

GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR (EXECUTIVE)
Mr. Gachora holds a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA as well as an MBA from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA, He joined NIC from Barclays Africa where he had been Managing Director and Head of Corporate & Investment Banking. Prior to this he held several executive positions at Absa Bank, in South Africa, as well as Bank of America and Credit Suisse First Boston in the United States. He joined NIC Bank in September 2013 as Group Managing Director and was appointed to the Board on 21 August 2013.

Similar Profiles

Other People with this Name

Other people with the name Gachora

John Gachora
Family Bank Ltd

Susan Gachora
PKL International LTD

Regina Gachora
Conference Connect Ltd

Judy Gachora
Ministry of Agriculture, livestock and fisheries

Benny Gachora
Abercrombie and Kent Nairobi and Kobo Safaris Nairobi

City Directory Icon

Browse ZoomInfo's Business Contact Directory by City

People Directory Icon

Browse ZoomInfo's
Business People Directory

Company Directory Icon

Browse ZoomInfo's
Advanced Company Directory