John D. Daniello State Chairman
* Described by the DOVER POST as a "veteran political warrior" in May of 2005 when he was elected the State Chairman of the Delaware Democratic Party
* Has a reputation as a master political organizer "more comfortable delivering voters rather than speeches" (DOVER POST).
It has been said that the Chairman never met a Republican he
thinks should hold public office.
* The Chairman's politics are grounded in the labor movement.
* A tough, loyal Democrat the Chairman knows from personal experience and is extremely sensitive to the dilemma of competing candidates committing fratricide to win a primary election only to have been so weakened they are defeated in November.
* "Old School" political "Boss".
* Successful in his
world because he
"knows who his
friends are, can count votes and delivers.
has been involved in local and state politics since 1960 when he
served as a New Castle County
councilman, congressional candidate, cabinet secretary and New Castle County Democratic Chair.
* People would know Chairman Daniello because he has been involved in politics for almost 50 years at varying levels.
He is a crusty, tough fighter who is always quotable. http://www.delawareonline.com, http://www.doverpost.com, http://www.delawaregrapevine.com