Greg Hanover, VP of Agent Services at LiveOps, said that individual agents are motivated by a variety of different things.
"For one it may be recognition while financial compensation may inspire another.
Or it could be a combination of a few factors.
So it is important to have a comprehensive motivation program in place that speaks to these different motivators," he
Hanover added that it is also critical that supervisors identify what motivates each agent and play to that individual's interest(s).
"This type of program is necessary 365 days a year, and not just during holidays, special events or peak periods," he
, a comprehensive motivation program consists of, at minimum, six different motivators:
* Supervisor guidance and support - It is important for supervisors to be present and involved.
Just being there, checking in and building that social bond or relationship goes a long way to inspire an employee to work hard.
* Recognition - Simply acknowledging an individual and showing appreciation for his
work, both publicly and privately, can help inspire someone to work harder.
* Reward - Hanover
noted that agents often appreciate a prize or bonus.
* Learning and growth - People like to learn new things so providing clear growth plans with goals and development opportunities can be enough to drive an individual to strive for excellence.
* Team - Establishing a supportive, collaborative environment makes agents feel like a part of a team working toward a common goal.
* Fun - Infusing friendly competition into the mix with gamification and contests during peak periods can help build the team spirit and add fun to an otherwise challenging time.
stressed that consistency is key.
"It is critical that a program is implemented throughout the year to ensure that the effort put forth by the contact center management team are viewed by the agents as sincere and worthwhile," he