Mrs. Amundson was co-owner and bookkeeper for the family business, Amundson Engineering Inc., and worked several years at the Candlewick Gift Shop in the Crescent V Fashion Center.She
was active in the community all her
life.She was branch librarian for the South Lake Tahoe Branch of the El Dorado County Library from 1948 to 1957 and operated the library in her home.She was the library commissioner for District V from 1971 until her death.
The children's room at the library was named the Patricia M. Amundson Room and dedicated to her
Oct. 12, 1994.She was also a life member of the Friends of the Library.She had been a member of the Barton Memorial Hospital Auxiliary since 1960 and volunteered more than 20,000 hours, serving as president in 1965.She initiated the Community Blood Bank at South Lake Tahoe and was its coordinator for 35 years.She was a life member of the Tahoe Tallac Association Board of Directors, a life member and past president of the Lake Tahoe Historical Society and current treasurer of the Al Tahoe Forest Homes Association.She was a life member and past president of the Parent Teachers Association and a leader of the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, for which she received the Mothers Award.She graduated from Lake Tahoe Community College in 1982 with an associate of arts degree in humanities and had been a member of the Board of Trustees since Dec. 3, 1985.She was also a board member of the John Perry Foundation.She had been a member of Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe.
Among the awards she
received were a Voluntary Action Award, Soroptimist International South Lake Tahoe Women of Distinction Award and Edith Wilson Award, and she
was selected as Lady of the Lake.She
also received many awards for her
enjoyed music, art, theater, reading and entertaining.