Share This Profile
Share this profile on Facebook.
Link to this profile on LinkedIn.
Tweet this profile on Twitter.
Email a link to this profile.
See other services through which you can share this profile.
This profile was last updated on 6/19/12  and contains information from public web pages.

Francis Leasiolagi

Wrong Francis Leasiolagi?

Chief Financial Officer

American Samoa Power Authority
 
Background

Employment History

  • Chief Financial Officer, the Electric Division
    ASPA'S

Board Memberships and Affiliations

  • Treasurer
    The ASG
10 Total References
Web References
ASPA Chief Financial Officer ...
malama.solupress.com, 19 Sept 2008 [cached]
ASPA Chief Financial Officer Francis Leasiolagi explained to members of the House that the cost of fuel continues to be the most difficult expense that ASPA cannot contain. He said of all revenues that they receive, fuel costs take up 81 percent, leaving only 19 percent to cover ASPA operations.
Leasiolagi added that their monthly fuel bill has jumped from just over $3 million to $5 million over the last year.
According to Francis ...
www.samoanews.com, 6 Oct 2008 [cached]
According to Francis Leasiolagi, ASPA CFO, the electric division has been subsidizing SW operations for over 10 years, due to the fact that the SW rates cover only about 20% of the bills received from T&T and Paramount.
During this week's hearing by the ...
www.samoanews.com, 13 Sept 2009 [cached]
During this week's hearing by the House ASPA/Territorial Energy Office Committee, American Samoa Power Authority board chairman Asaua Fuimaono confirmed that ASPA chief financial officer Francis Leasiolagi is no longer with the utility provider.
There have been unconfirmed reports that Leasiolagi, a former ASG Treasurer, left ASPA more than two weeks ago and ASPA chief executive officer Mike Keyser didn't reply to Samoa News inquiries last week.
...
Simei Pulu asked if Leasiolagi was still working at ASPA, to which Fuimaono said Leasiolagi has resigned and Susana Faiivae is currently the acting CFO.
...
There was no other explanation provided by Fuimaono and there were no follow up questions from lawmakers as to why Leasiolagi resigned.
After he was rejected by the Fono in 2005 for a second term as Treasurer, Leasiolagi remained at the Treasury Department working in various capacities. He later joined the Governor's Office before he was hired by ASPA.
ASPA chief financial officer ...
www.samoanews.com, 19 Sept 2008 [cached]
ASPA chief financial officer Francis Leasiolagi told the House Budget and Appropriations Committee yesterday during ASPA's budget review that of the total ASPA budget, $55 million is budgeted to cover fuel expenses to run all power engines to provide electricity for the territory.
...
Leasiolagi acknowledged the concerns and stated again that the most difficult cost that ASPA cannot contain is the cost of fuel.
"It affects everything we do," said the chief financial officer."It takes an enormous amount of the revenues that ASPA gets."
He said ASPA divides its revenues on two main sources: fuel surcharge fee and the base rate.
At the beginning of FY 2008 (which is October 2007), Leasiolagi said the base rate was about 33 percent while the fuel surcharge accounted for 66 percent of ASPA revenues.As ASPA continued into the fiscal year, the world market prices continued to climb and the fuel surcharge now is 81 percent, leaving a 19 percent base rate for ASPA operations.
Leasiolagi said that their fuel bill used to be $3.2 million a month a year ago, but it continued to climb and now for August alone, it is almost $5 million a month.
He said this puts an "enormous stress on our cash flows while we try to maintain operations."
"We expect October's electricity rate to ...
www.samoanews.com, 17 Sept 2008 [cached]
"We expect October's electricity rate to be 16% less than the September rates and all signs points to another drop in November," ASPA chief financial officer Francis Leasiolagi said yesterday in an ASPA statement.
...
"The good news is that the September fuel prices have dropped again and those price reductions will be reflected in the October bills," said Leasiolagi.
Accelerate your business with the industry's most comprehensive profiles on business people and companies.
Find business contacts by city, industry and title. Our B2B directory has just-verified and in-depth profiles, plus the market's top tools for searching, targeting and tracking.
Atlanta | Boston | Chicago | Houston | Los Angeles | New York
Browse ZoomInfo's business people directory. Our professional profiles include verified contact information, biography, work history, affiliations and more.
Browse ZoomInfo's company directory. Our company profiles include corporate background information, detailed descriptions, and links to comprehensive employee profiles with verified contact information.
zirhbt201304