DAVAO CITY: Former Davao del Sur governor Douglas Cagas presented himself to the police on Monday morning hours after a court issued a warrant for his arrest over the murder of a journalist in Digos City in 2010.
Accompanied by his
family and some of his
went to the provincial police and was immediately turned over to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology
is the alleged brains in the murder of Nestor Bedolido four years ago.
lambasted the court for pursuing with the case which he
said is "politically motivated".
"I am innocent.
I have not committed a crime," he
"I have not asked anybody to kill for me that's why I submitted myself since I have faith in God and trust in our judiciary system."
The Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility (CMFR) said Bedolido worked as editorial assistant in a publication owned by Cagas before tranferring to the newspaper owned by the political archenemy of Cagas.
also said Cagas
and Fernandez provided the gunmen with firearms.
This case had already been dismissed by our state prosecutors only to be reversed, later on," Cagas