(7 Total References)
Burntisland & District Pipe Band Current members
www.burntisland-and-district-pipe-band.co.uk, 30 Dec 2008 [cached]
Burntisland Pipe Band spokesperson ...
www.fife.gov.uk, $reference.date [cached]
Burntisland Pipe Band spokesperson Denis Johnstone said "This is a fantastic event to come to the town.
Burntisland & District Pipe Band Committee
www.burntisland-and-district-pipe-band.co.uk, 8 Sept 2007 [cached]
Chair Denis Johnstone
Chair Denis Johnstone ...
www.burntisland-and-district-pipe-band.co.uk, 24 May 2006 [cached]
Chair Denis Johnstone
1. Opening of Meeting: Denis ...
www.burntisland-and-district-pipe-band.co.uk, 31 Dec 2004 [cached]
1. Opening of Meeting: Denis Johnstone (chairman) welcomed everyone to the band's annual general meeting, and thanked folk for taking time out to attend the meeting at what is a very busy time of year.He particularly welcomed new and younger members of the band to their first AGM.It was confirmed that everyone had received a copy of the order of business, minutes of the last AGM, and a full set of accounts for the band.He continued by stating that it was important for the band to be able to fully demonstrate that it is being managed in accordance with its constitution, related policies and charitable status.2. Attendance: Denis Johnstone (Chairman), Donald Flynn (Treasurer), Craig Stewart (Secretary), P/M Jim Forbes, Alec Birrell, Stewart Birrell, Alan Waddell, Bob Fairley, Stuart Kellock, Nicola Cairns, Andy Burnside, Craig Hooper, Jason Tait, John Leishman, Alec Whitton, and Zander Ferguson.
5. Minutes of the last AGM held on Sunday 15th December 2003: Denis Johnstone
referred to the draft minute of the last AGM.He
asked for comments and observations on the minute from members.
8. Chairman's Report 2004: Denis Johnstone
stated that, by comparison with his
first chairman's report at last year's AGM, he
could advise members that there were now clear signs that the band was on the right track and making good progress.He
felt that under the direction of Pipe Major Jim Forbes the band had moved forward during 2004, and it was now beginning to sound like a band capable of competing at the major championships as well local competitions.Tuition for beginners on both chanter and drums was continuing well.
In conclusion, Denis Johnstone
thanked Donald for his report.
12. Band Subscription: Denis Johnstone
opened discussion on this issue by saying that the proposed charging of subscription fees would be a departure from a long tradition in the band.The band's view had always been that charging membership or tuition fees would be serious disincentive to both players and recruits to the band.However, in modern times with the band strapped for cash, and a number of major costs lying ahead, the time had now arrived to review this position.Denis
opened the issue to debate.
13. Election of Office Bearers: Denis Johnstone
referred to the bands' constitutional requirement for the phased resignation and election of office bearers and committee members.
wished to formally record his thanks to Neil, Kevin and Danny for their work on behalf of the Pipe Band.
explained the type of work usually undertaken by committee members and asked for nominations to the three vacant positions.
warmly welcomed them to the committee.The Management Committee
for the forthcoming year would therefore comprise:Chairman: Denis Johnstone.
15. Close of Meeting: Denis Johnstone
closed the meeting at 9.20pm.He
thanked everyone again for attending, and wished the band every success in the coming year, both in solo and band competition.He
wished everyone a merry Christmas, good health for the New Year, and a safe journey home.