(46 Total References)
Practice Management Consulting for Physicians and Dentists
www.scroggins.com, 17 Aug 2010 [cached]
Founded by Clayton Scroggins, Scroggins is currently led by two generations of family members: David C. Scroggins, Paul R. Trenz, Robert C. Scroggins, and Mark D. Scroggins.
David C. Scroggins, MBA, CPA, CHBC is a management consultant and principal with Clayton L. Scroggins Associates, Inc.
He is a Certified Healthcare Business Consultant (CHBC) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
David received his BA degree from Hanover College and his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Xavier University.
David serves as an Editorial Consultant to Medical Economics magazine and was an original Editorial Consultant to Dental Practice Report.
David is a member of the National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants and was a charter member of the American Medical Association's AMA Consulting Link.
Southern Medical Association Content: Own your office? What to consider
sma.mediwire.com, 16 Dec 2005 [cached]
Practice management consultant David C. Scroggins, of Clayton L. Scroggins Associates in Cincinnati, feels that the most important issue in considering office space is productivity.
"With ownership, often doctors don't move when they should," Scroggins
says.Any number of things can sour a once-smart choice to purchase space, he
adds: Hospitals may move or close, doctors may be leaving the area for whatever reason, or new technology may require a larger office.
warns, "don't overbuild."His
rule of thumb: Use 75 percent of the space and lease the other 25 percent.
Physicians Practice Articles : TrendSpotter: Will Ancillaries Save You â€¦ or Drag You Down?
www.physicianspractice.com, 10 Feb 2009 [cached]
During this economic downturn, "ancillaries become more important because a little money is better than no money," notes David Scroggins, the president of Clayton L. Scroggins Associates in Cincinnati.
agrees that practices have to take a closer look at their ancillaries.
cautions doctors not to be alarmed if they see overall practice overhead rising as a percentage of revenue because of declining ancillary income.
If, for example, your expense ratio rises from 52 percent to 54 percent, he
notes, it's OK because you're still making extra income that you couldn't have generated without the ancillary.
Even if an ancillary is just breaking even or is slightly unprofitable, Scroggins
says, you should think twice before dropping it.
First, you've already invested a fair amount of money and effort in the service.
Second, you don't want to lose good technicians who were hard to recruit and train.
And third, when business comes back, it's going to be a lot more expensive to build an ancillary from scratch than to ramp up the one you've held onto.
"We're going to have a couple of bad years, and who knows what's going to happen with health plan reimbursement, but it's not to the point where we do away with our diversification," Scroggins
www.scroggins.com, 22 Mar 2006 [cached]
Seated, Lee W. Scroggins; left to right, David C. Scroggins, Paul R. Trenz, and Robert C. Scroggins.
...David C. ScrogginsDavid C. Scroggins is a management consultant and principal with Clayton L. Scroggins Associates, Inc.He is a Certified Healthcare Business Consultant (CHBC) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).David received his BA degree from Hanover College and his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Xavier University.David serves as an Editorial Consultant to Medical Economics and Dental Practice Report magazines.He has been a board member of the Institute of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants and past Educational Program Chairman for the national meeting of the Society of Professional Business Consultants.David is a member of the National Association of Healthcare Consultants and AMA ConsultingLink of the American Medical Association.
Medical Economics - Practice Pointers: What's eating your profits?
www.memag.com, 7 May 2004 [cached]
"Don't weaken your management team," says consultant David Scroggins with Clayton L. Scroggins Associates in Cin cinnati.
...Too often, doctors pick a supplier, develop a chummy relationship, and then blindly order from him year after year, says consultant Dave Scroggins.
initial prices may be good, but often they'll creep up," says Scroggins