The 'walkers' (influence peddlers) are still working on their mission of 'conversion' and they need more time to complete it," said former Iloilo Representative Augusto Syjuco in an opposition on Monday to Malacañang's motion to reset the second round of oral argument from January 28 to March 25.
The Palace cited two grounds for the postponement.
First, that their collaborating counsel, retired SC Justice Vicente Mendoza, has to study the case and second, that the Department of Budget and Management
(DBM) could not submit DAP-related documents because it had been pre-occupied with the 2014 budget and the rehabilitation plans for calamity-stricken areas last year.
, however, said Mendoza entered the case as early as December or more than a month before the scheduled hearing.
said the one-month preparation is "more than enough" for Mendoza to "intelligently and competently" defend the government.
If Mendoza is not really ready to argue before the SC, Syjuco said it is a matter to be declared personally by the retired magistrate and not the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG).
Aside from Syjuco, Kabataan Representative Terry Ridon, a member of the militant Makabayan bloc, said they will oppose the government's request.