(13 Total References)
Mindanao Times News 2004 - Davao City 8000, Philippines
Acting Housing Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) chairman Amado Bagatsing, who recently made sorties to housing projects around Mindanao, said this came about when government shifted to more friendly policy requirements.
said the developers are asking government to come up with a central drainage system where they could link up the drainage plan of subdivisions.He
is making representations with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and the private sector on the issue.
Engr. Cristy Gallano, executive director of the Davao River Conservation Coordinating Committee
of the city government, said the establishment of a central drainage system for Davao City, would take time and would cost around P2 billion.She
said the Davao River has become the city's biggest central sewer because all waste water is dumped into it.
"We have no choice now except to allow waste water to be discharged into the Davao River," she
however said steps are being taken to address this concern but it would take sometime to put things right.
As far as housing construction is concerned, the new policy on septic tanks requires them to be cemented on four sides and the floor, no longer allowing waste to seep into the ground. Bagatsing
on the other hand said President Arroyo has instructed the HUDCC
to continue delivering housing unit to the homeless.
In Davao, Bagatsing
led the awarding of certificates to 133 families occupying a property for the past 40 years ago.
The beneficiaries occupied a lot in Malvar this city, a property owned by the Department of Transportation
and Communication (DOTC).Under the provisions of the Urban Developing Housing Act (UDHA) or Republic Act 7279, they were allowed to buy out government with certificates of entitlement.He
said the Malvar project is part of the program of President Arroyo that aims to award idle government lands to families who have been living there for a long period of time.Bagatsing
admitted more housing units would be needed because at the rate the population was growing, it would not be easy to catch up with the housing backlog.
insisted that the housing industry is perking up and the government has already targeted the number of houses it would build annually.
In 2004, he
said 60 percent of housing projects was centered in Metro Manila and the neighboring area and the remaining 40 percent, to other areas like Davao, Cebu and the rest of the urban areas.
The government housing group is expected to tie up with the private sector in a number of projects, like the community mortgage program (CMP).Bagatsing
said the CMP in Davao awards to beneficiaries lots of up to 200 square meters in size compared to those of Metro Manila, which have only 80 square meters.He
cited Davao and other Mindanao areas have the advantage of better areas for housing and affordable prices. (PIA/PDB)
Amado Bagatsing, a member of ...
Amado Bagatsing, a member of the panel and former official of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC), said the controversies hounding HGC could be larger than of the hullabaloo at the Pag-Ibig Fund.
"Matagal nang walang pera 'yan (HGC)," said Bagatsing
predicted that the agency may incur more losses when the zero bonds it floated four or five years ago start maturing.
"Kawawa naman ang gobyerno natin," said Bagatsing
, explaining it is the government that is going to shoulder the guarantees that the HGC
made for the bonds.
underscored the ripe time for Congress to look into the charter of the HGC
"We should revisit the charter of the HGC
... whether they are fulfilling their mandate," said Bagatsing
THE DAILY TRIBUNE On the Web!
The announcement was made by Amado Bagatsing, acting chairman of the Housing Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) during a local media forum.
Among the "old" politicians who refuse to fade away and temporarily left politics but are returning to their former congressional seats include brothers Ramon Bagatsing Jr. and Amado Bagatsing and Eleandro Madrona.
...Bagatsing Jr., presently a vice president of the Yuchengco Group of Companies, and Amado, vice chairman of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC), are seeking the congressional seats of the fourth and fifth districts of Manila, respectively.
Amado Bagatsing, HUDCC vice-chairman, said in a press statement that the demolition of the illegal structures was based on the request of Lt.Gen.
...Bagatsing, who is chairman of the management team implementing the project, was requested to conduct a joint survey of the project site together with representatives from the AFP and the homeowners' associations of Forbes Park and DasmariÃ±as Village.
In his reply to Bagatsing
, Concepcion identified 12 owners of lots along Tamarind Street in Forbes Park, which were said to have encroached on the property of the HUDCC
along an open creek between the two villages.