Tips & Trends

Well-designed corporate referral programs can produce amazing results. Unfortunately, those results are often reduced by failing to maximize the number and type of motivators that drive employees to make high-quality referrals. In some organizations, 30 percent of employees make all of the referrals, with the other 70 percent of employees being inactive.

When Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook in his dorm room, he probably never imagined that his pet project would become the center of a controversy in the HR world, but it has: Some companies have reportedly asked candidates for usernames and passwords to social media sites like Facebook. But doing so is risky.

If you work for a recruiting firm with a tight budget, it can be difficult to afford all the best tools your peers use. There are free tools, but do they really work? There are inexpensive tools, but are they worth even a small investment? And there are expensive tools, but they’re probably not in the budget. So what’s a recruiter to do?

Predictive analytics, which help businesses predict demand for their products and decide how much raw material they will need, can also help recruiters and HR professionals hire more efficiently. But just the term "predictive analytics" is enough to send some people running for the hills.

A surprising number of companies seem to be in the dark about their recruitment advertising budgets. According to Jason Whitman, vice president of client services at Indeed, “Employers spend billions of dollars every year on online recruitment advertising, but many of them don’t know what they are getting in return for their investments because they don’t have the right data.”

Country Code is US Connecting IP is 54.211.11.57