ZoomInfo is rolling out sweeping improvements to its core technology. The b-to-b search engine, which has information on 5 million businesses and 50 million employees, on Tuesday announced a new platform designed to increase the demand for data on small and medium-sized businesses and provide searchable content that goes beyond information you find on business cards.
The company said upgraded search and alerting tools allow users to pinpoint contacts based on more specific criteria, such as industry, territory and 20 other search fields, and includes attributes like experience, board affiliations, college attended and personal interests.
“Our game-changing investments in technology set a new standard for the business information industry,” said Sam Zales, president, ZoomInfo, in a statement. “In addition, we’ve experienced significant growth in acquisition and retention of customers who work on sales and marketing teams and our new platform helps us build on that momentum.”
ZoomInfo’s new platform, which caters to business pros in sales, marketing, business development and recruiting, includes the following:
- ZoomInfo Directory, a free and constantly updated business directory of organizations and employees with “results as you type” instant search functionality.
- ZoomInfo Pro, a powerful new software-as-a-service (SaaS) application that includes advanced searching and alerts, targeted by business or a person’s name.
- ZoomInfo Community Edition, which will provide free access to fee-based tools to users who share information about their contacts.
- ZoomInfo CRM, which allows access to the ZoomInfo Database through CRM systems such as Microsoft, Oracle and Salesforce.
- ZoomInfo Enterprise Solutions, which provide organizations with customized ZoomInfo solutions catered to the unique needs of sales, marketing, research and data management teams.
In the next few weeks, the company will announce more details about the applications.
For related stories on b-to-b sales and marketing trends, visit Follow the Lead on a regular basis.