Job Seekers Find Employment Faster with FreshContacts
Over 25,000 Job Hunters Download FresContacts to Target Specific Companies, Reach Influential Executives and Track Past Colleagues
April 13, 2010 – Waltham, MA – Helping job seekers get hired,ZoomInfo™, the world's most comprehensive source of business information on people and companies, today announced that over 25,000 job seekers have downloaded FreshContacts in the last four months to find employment and make connections. Proven to shorten job search time, FreshContacts provides actionable and deep intelligence on more than five million potential employers and 45 million executives.
In an informal survey of FreshContacts users, ZoomInfo identified the top four ways job seekers are using FreshContacts. They include: identifying and targeting specific companies; reaching influential executives and tracking past colleagues who have recently been hired. FreshContacts is also commonly being used to prepare for interviews, an important part of any job search.
FreshContacts is a free, downloadable plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. Business professionals who are willing to trade intelligence on their own network are provided with two full months of unlimited free access to the same resource used by nine of the ten top recruiting firms in the country to identify passive candidates.
According to a study released today by the Pew Economic Policy Group, 23 percent of America's unemployed have been jobless for a year or more, the highest rate since World War II. Career experts estimate that that 80 percent of open positions are not posted online but found through networking, personal introductions and referrals, and not in response to advertisements. For out-of-work, senior-level professionals, free access to ZoomInfo’s search tool can open doors they didn’t know existed.
“Job hunters trying to crack the hidden job market, need creativity, focus and persistence,” said David Perry, author of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0 and Put America Back To Work. “Using FreshContacts, unemployed executives can pull together a list of the 20 companies they want to work for in their specific area of expertise and find the profile and contact info for the vice president or department head that is dong the hiring. It is that simple.”
According to a survey by ZoomInfo job seekers use FreshContacts to:
- Target specific employers: Job hunters can quickly search for hiring companies by geography, industry, size, and up to 20 other criteria and then conduct an aggressive and focused follow-up.
- Reach influential executives: FreshContacts users can also get the email addresses and phone numbers for key executives, so they can get past the HR gatekeepers and build relationships with corporate influencers.
- Find past colleagues in new jobs: Corporations rarely hire one person at a time. Job seekers can use ZoomInfo to find past colleagues who have found new employment at companies poised for growth.
- Prepare for interviews: Once they manage to secure an interview, job seekers can use the data found in ZoomInfo’s people profiles to learn rapport-building details about the hiring manager, including his or her job history, professional affiliations, academic background and interests.
How FreshContacts Works
Using a free, downloadable plug-in, job seekers can quickly and safely trade their contacts for two months of unlimited free ZoomInfo access. The FreshContacts Microsoft Outlook plug-in automatically uploads the user’s business contacts in a matter of minutes.
FreshContacts observes the following practices to ensure the integrity of its data and the anonymity of its users:
- Business Contacts Only – FreshContacts disregards any contacts that have a consumer email address such as Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo!.
- Contributions are Anonymous – The source of contact information that is used to add or improve information in ZoomInfo’s database is kept anonymous.
- Opt-Out - All contributed contacts are scrubbed for CAN-Spam compliance. As always, everyone added to ZoomInfo’s database is offered the opportunity to opt-out via email, web, or toll-free number.
Accelerate your growth with ZoomInfo, an Inc. 5000 company. ZoomInfo’s Growth Acceleration Platform offers the most accurate and actionable B2B contact and company intelligence to help organizations accelerate growth and profitability. The continuously updated database enables sales and marketing teams to execute more effective marketing campaigns and improve sales prospecting efforts with access to on demand direct dial phone numbers, email addresses, and background information. For more information, visit www.zoominfo.com or call 866-904-9666.
Lauren Barber ZoomInfo