ZoomInfo Announces Free Tool for Job Hunters Job Seekers Find Work Faster with Access to the Same Intelligence used by 9 of Top 10 Recruiting Firms
December 8, 2009 — Waltham, MA- Helping put America back to work, ZoomInfo™, the world's most comprehensive source of business information business information on people and companies, today announced a new resource for job hunters. Available immediately, FreshContactsFreshContacts provides free access to job seekers looking to identify, research and connect with innovative companies and their hiring managers. Providing actionable intelligence on prospective employers, FreshContacts can drastically shorten the time it takes for many job seekers to find employment.
FreshContacts enables business professionals to swap their business contacts in exchange for two full months of unlimited free access to all 45M of ZoomInfo's contacts. This means that ZoomInfo's popular and proven recruiting tool, currently used by 9 of the 10 top recruiting firms in the country, is now available to job seekers willing to share their business contacts.
In this unprecedented offer of a one-to-millions contact trade, job hunters can benefit from unlimited access to ZoomInfo's database regardless of the number of contacts and/or information they contribute via FreshContacts.
FreshContacts empowers job seekers to:
- Find and Research Potential Employers: Search for companies by geography, industry, size, and up to 20 other criteria.
- Prepare for Interviews: Access in-depth profiles on hiring managers to learn rapport-building details about their job history, professional affiliations, academic background and interests.
- Expand Their Network: Find former colleagues, classmates, and others who are in new and interesting jobs and careers.
- Get In Touch: Access fresh contact details—phone, email and mailing address—to make a connection and promote themselves.
- Get Creative: Identify top executives who work for their previous employer's competition or colleagues who are now gainfully employed.
"With over 15,000,000 unemployed Americans and the number of job postings declining by over 1M in the last year, job seekers need to be more proactive in their search for work," said David Perry, author of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0 and Put America Back To Work. "FreshContacts is a game changer. Job hunters who combine Fresh Contacts with aggressive and creative job hunting tactics have shortened their time to employment by half of the national average."
In the 2 month beta period, 4,000 users have taken advantage of this new offering. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
"Having been out of work for 6 months and experienced in a very specialized field, I was looking for new ways to market myself and network to find employment," said David Whittingham of Birmingham, MI. "Access to ZoomInfo's intelligence provided me with a fresh start, an immediate list of companies in my field, details on the executives who work there and the contact information I need to get in touch. Levering this information, I am confident that I will be employed shortly and far more productive in developing new business and growing sales in my new job."
Additional information on David Whittingham found via his ZoomInfo profile.
How it Works Expanding the world's most comprehensive source of intelligence on people and companies, ZoomInfo is broadening the way it collects data by offering business professionals an opportunity to contribute contacts in exchange for free access to the company's growing database of 45M people and 5.5M companies. Using a free downloadable plug-in, job seekers can quickly and safely trade their contacts for two months of unlimited free ZoomInfo access. The FreshContacts Microsoft Outlook plug-in automatically uploads the user's business contacts in a matter of minutes. FreshContacts observes the following practices to ensure the integrity of its data and the anonymity of its users:
- Business Contacts Only – FreshContacts disregards any contacts that have a consumer email address such as Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo.
- Contributions are Anonymous – The source of contact information that is used to add or improve information in ZoomInfo's database is kept anonymous.
- Opt-Out - All contributed contacts are scrubbed for CAN-Spam compliance. As always, everyone added to ZoomInfo's database is offered the opportunity to opt-out via email, web, or toll-free number.
"We've looked at the growing number of jobless in America and realized that we have a tremendous resource we could share to help put America back to work—actionable information on people and companies," said Sam Zales, President of ZoomInfo. "By providing access in exchange for contacts, ZoomInfo is empowering jobseekers with a very powerful tool to market themselves and uncover new opportunities."
Accelerate your growth with ZoomInfo, an Inc. 5000 company. ZoomInfo’s Growth Acceleration Platform offers the most accurate and actionable B2B contact and company intelligence to help organizations accelerate growth and profitability. The continuously updated database enables sales and marketing teams to execute more effective marketing campaigns and improve sales prospecting efforts with access to on demand direct dial phone numbers, email addresses, and background information. For more information, visit www.zoominfo.com or call 866-904-9666.
Lauren Barber ZoomInfo