ZoomInfo Closes Another Record Quarter; Wins Red Herring 100 Award
PowerSearch 2007 and Website Traffic Spur Business Information Search Engine's Growth
May 14, 2007 – Waltham, Mass. –ZoomInfo™, a business information search engine used to quickly find information about industries, companies, people and jobs found on the Business Web, recently closed the strongest first quarter in the company's history. Driven by an increase in Web site visitors and the release of ZoomInfo PowerSearch 2007, ZoomInfo's Q1 2007 revenues increased 35 percent over the same period last year.
"2007 is shaping up to be a defining year for ZoomInfo," said Jonathan Stern, CEO and founder of ZoomInfo. "In the first three months alone, we released PowerSearch 2007, which provided new workflow and data management features, announced a partnership with Indeed.com to integrate job search into our free http://www.zoominfo.com site, and broadened our customer base to include sales and marketing. Coming off of a record-breaking 2006, I was thrilled to see we maintained that momentum and are well on our way to profitably exceed $15 million in sales this year."
ZoomInfo also announced is has been named to this year's Red Herring 100, a prestigious award recognizing the most promising private companies driving the future of technology. Red Herring's editorial staff rigorously evaluated more than 800 private companies through a careful analysis of financial data and subjective criteria, including quality of management, execution of strategy, and dedication to research and development.
In Q1 2007, ZoomInfo added 243 customers, including: Arrow Electronics, Boston Scientific, Starwood Hotels and Pier One Imports. The company now boasts 17 of the Fortune 50 and 97 of the Fortune 500 among the more than 1,700 customers benefiting from the power of ZoomInfo's patented semantic search engine.
In March, www.zoominfo.com broke the four million unique visitors per month threshold. Users averaged nearly 700,000 people searches and another 100,000 company searches each day. Each month, the company is adding over 30,000 new user-generated profiles in addition to the more than 500,000 new profiles of people generated automatically by the technology. Today, ZoomInfo features profiles of nearly 36 million people and 3.5 million companies.
ZoomInfo's executives continue to speak at several industry events in May and June about how companies can use the business information search engine in their recruiting, sales, marketing and business research efforts, as well as providing more technical insight into the future of the semantic search engine. Recent and upcoming speaking engagements include:
- SDForum's Search SIG: COO Bryan Burdick joined executives from Wink, Spock and TechCrunch to discuss people search on May 8th in San Jose, Calif.
- Kennedy Information's Recruiting 2007 Conference and Expo: COO Bryan Burdick hosted a lunch discussion, "Recruiting as a Competitive Advantage" with Nationwide Insurance, Accolo, Inc. and H3.com on May 9th in Las Vegas.
- NETSEA: Michael Souza, vice president of sales, will join the "Beyond CRM – Technologies that Sales People Are Using" panel on May 22nd in Burlington, Mass.
- Semantic Technology Conference: Vice President of Products and Marketing Russell Glass will participate on the "Building the Semantic Technology Industry" panel on May 23rd in San Jose, Calif.
- Text Analytics Summit 2007: Jonathan Stern, CEO and founder, will present "Understanding, Not Indexing, the Internet" on June 13th in Boston.
- Red Herring East: ZoomInfo will be sponsoring a luncheon, and executives will be onsite to discuss ZoomInfo's patented semantic search engine, June 27-28 in Boston.
ZoomInfo is a B2B database software company that delivers business data to supercharge marketing campaigns and sales outreach. ZoomInfo helps their customers identify their buyer personas, reach decision makers faster, and enhance and grow their databases. For more information visit www.zoominfo.com or call 866-904-9666.
Lauren Barber ZoomInfo