Much is made of the negative effects dirty data can have on an enterprise. In fact, we’re in the business of helping others update their data to avoid the black hole that results when business data goes bad. But what are we talking about in the trenches of day-to-day business life when we say “dirty data”?
It starts as:
- A contact record with incorrect information, a name spelled wrong or a bad address.
- Incorrect company information: name, address or email/telephone contact data.
- Incomplete records with fields that are empty or null due to poor capture techniques.
- Duplicate records with inconsistent information, again due to poor capture techniques.
- Complete fields that contain non-sense data: “TBA,” “TBD,” “TBC,” etc
- Old and outdated data.
- An inability to get in touch with contacts period via email or phone.
- Sales reps are unable to reach or communicate with the correct decision-makers at prospect organizations.
- Marketers can’t target their efforts toward the correct persons or businesses.
- A waste of the everyone’s time because a contact no longer works at the company or a contact that is a bad fit but they don’t know it.
- Pathetic email response rates.
- Returned mailing campaigns.
It ends as:
- Loss of efficiency & productivity as sales teams have to retrace their steps.
- Lost prospects and thus potential clients.
- Wasted time and money dedicated towards prospecting the wrong or nonexistent decision-makers.
- All this precipitates into a decline in revenue and a dismal return on investment.
For solutions to these problems, check out ZoomInfo’s products and services so your business can regain control over dirty data and accelerate its performance.