Lead generation content is quality, targeted content, such as blog posts, emails, whitepapers, eBooks, videos, case studies, and infographics, used to do what else? Generate leads! According to the B2B Content Marketing 2014 Benchmark Report
, 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing and 74% of marketers cited lead generation as their goal for content marketing. But in order to generate leads, your content needs to be seen. So how are organizations promoting their B2B lead generation content effectively? Check out the different ways below.
8 Ways to Promote Your B2B Lead Generation Content:
- Blogging - Your company blog should be a resource for all of the content you create. Blogging drives traffic to your website and landing pages. Each time you post a blog you give Google and other search engines a greater chance of finding your website. The more blogs you post, the better the opportunity you have to rank for more keywords, which improves your rank and expands your reach. Social sharing widgets are also beneficial and encourage visitors to share your content on their personal social media sites.
- Website - Don’t overlook promoting your lead generation content on your website. You can put it on your login page or other relevant pages throughout your site, including product pages and thank you pages.
- Organic search - Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) into your content marketing strategy is a huge opportunity for your organization to be found online. Optimizing your content for keywords you want to rank for increases traffic to your website. In order to be successful, make sure you have a list of keywords to work off of that you want your organization to rank for. Just remember not to keyword stuff your content.
- Email - Your email nurture campaigns are a great way to send targeted content to contacts in different segments. In order to run a successful campaign, identify your buyer personas and segment your B2B data based on your different personas. Then decide which contacts go into which nurture campaigns. For example, if a lead comes into your marketing database after downloading a marketing whitepaper, they should receive different content than someone who filled out a form to get more information on your product. If you need help segmenting your data in order to send targeted messages to your contacts, a B2B data provider such as ZoomInfo can help.
- Social media - Every time you post new content to your blog, promote it on your social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, SlideShare, and any other social platform your organization has a presence on. Use appropriate hashtags and post your content to relevant groups on LinkedIn. According to the B2B Content Marketing 2014 Benchmark Report, B2B marketers are using social media more frequently this year. In fact, B2B content marketers use an average of 6 social media platforms, up from 5 last year. The top 6 platforms they’re using are LinkedIn (91%), Twitter (85%), Facebook (81%), YouTube (73%), Google+ (55%), and SlideShare (40%).
- Paid media - Reaching people on social media sites has been getting harder and harder, which is why a lot of organizations pay to expand their reach. If you choose to go the paid media route you have a few options, such as Promoted/Boosted posts on Facebook, Sponsored Updates/Direct Sponsored Content on LinkedIn, or promoted tweets on Twitter.
- Events (tradeshows, webinars, or speaking opportunities) - Whether your event is a tradeshow, webinar, or speaking opportunity, let people know about your content. Set up a laptop at tradeshows to promote your lead generation content, and encourage people to download your whitepapers and eBooks on the spot when they come to your booth. Create short links to your downloadable content and include them in webinar or speaking opportunity slides.
- Internal promotion - Make sure your internal team knows that you're creating lead generation content. Send them weekly or bi-weekly updates with links to where it can be found or use a sales enablement tool, such as Brainshark, where the content lives in addition to your blog. Ask them to share the content on their personal social media sites. The content can also be used by the sales team as part of their prospecting efforts.
Do you need help with your B2B lead generation efforts? ZoomInfo can assist! We'll segment your B2B data, identify your buyer personas, help you reach decision makers faster, and enhance and grow your contact database. Contact us today